Tabbed search panel
What is Quest?
Find more information
New databases tab
How do I…?
- Find a book
- Check out a book
- Cite sources
- Find a database
- Find a journal
- Find an ebook
- Print, copy, and scan
- Get a book on reserve
- Use interlibrary loan (ILL)
- Check out electronic equipment
- Find government documents
- Search the Digital Archives
- Find something I lost in the library
- Reserve the Video/Study Room
- Get an EagleOne card
- Visit Special Collections & Archives
- Reserve a group study room
- Get a job in the library
- Make a comment or suggestion
- Make a comment or suggestion
- Find more answers
Welcome to Simpson Library!
Welcome to the Stafford Campus Library!
- Nov 16, 2015"Need a citation? No problem! These two automatic citation-generating tools do most of the work for you. UMW students can use the pro version of EasyBib for FREE. Zotero is FREE for everyone. No account required!"Continue Reading
- Nov 18, 2015"Research projects got you down? We've been there...and we can help! Meet with a student research consultant. http://www.umwresearchhelp.net/. UMW LIBRARIES"Continue Reading
- Feb 25, 2016"UMW Blueprints and Architectural Drawings to be Digitized Monroe Hall, June, 1910 A recent grant from The Community Foundation's Duff McDuff Green, Jr. Fund will assist with the preservation and digitization of UMW's historic architectural documents, particularly those created by noted Virginia architect, Charles M. Robinson."Continue Reading
- Mar 10, 2016I Love the Library, I Love the Library Not In February, we asked students to share what they love or don’t love about UMW Libraries. We thought you'd like to know what we learned and how we're making improvements.Continue Reading
- Apr 5, 2016"UMW Libraries celebrated 75 years with the Federal Depository Library Program! For more pictures, video and slides of the keynote speaker, and your government information needs go to http://libguides.umw.edu/govdocs University of Mary Washington, Photos by Norm Shafer"Continue Reading
- Mar 17, 2015You are cordially invited to peruse the new American Antiquarian Society Historical Collections Database. Search through more than 6,500 digitized American magazines and journals published between 1691 and 1877.Continue Reading
- Apr 29, 2016"Reasons to work as a Simpson Library Student Aide: Up to 10 hours a week? Fun projects? Opportunity to gain work experience? Friendly library staff? Sounds good to me! Now taking applications for the following positions: Special Collections Student Aide Systems Student Aide"Continue Reading
- Apr 2, 2015Online Digital Collections Find digitized images, publications, and more by searching UMW Libraries' digital collections.Continue Reading
- Apr 14, 2016"New Digital Collection: UMW Student Handbooks 1929-2016. All 85 volumes of student handbooks from Special Collections and University Archives can now be full-text searched, browsed, and downloaded through Eagle Explorer!Continue Reading
- Mar 15, 2016"Meet Your Librarians Peter Catlin, Reference Librarian and Coordinator of First-Year Programs Can assist with research projects for First-Year Seminars, or any other class taken in the first year. firstname.lastname@example.org"Continue Reading
Stafford Collection Information
The Stafford Campus Library is a branch of UMW Libraries that provides access to resources and materials in support of the education, nursing, and business degree programs offered at the Stafford Campus.
Curriculum Materials CollectionThe Curriculum Materials Collection, added in 2014, contains educational materials for use in a classroom setting. The Library also provides access to educational software, assessment tests, and Praxis study materials.
The Stafford Campus Library has a growing collection of children's and young adult books. It includes Newbery, Caldecott, and Coretta Scott King Awards winners, as well as a variety of other popular fiction and non-fiction titles.
Graduate Research Archive
Print copies of EDCI 589 and EDCI 590 Research Projects are available at the Stafford Information desk. Some projects are available online through the UMW Digital Archives.