UMW Libraries provide a wide variety of services to faculty. Faculty members are encouraged to contact the Subject Librarian/Faculty Liaison assigned to their department or college with questions related to the Libraries’ collections, services and policies or for research assistance.
- Course Reserves: Faculty may place course materials on reserve at Simpson Library by completing the course reserve request form.
- Digitization Request: During the COVID-19 closure, faculty can request digital copies of items from Simpson Library’s collections, including reserve items, by completing the digitization request form.
- Eagle Scholar: Submit your professional work for preservation in UMW’s open access institutional repository.
- Interlibrary Loan: Request materials from UMW Libraries from other libraries.
- Library Instruction: Reference librarians are available to provide course-specific research instruction to your classes. Contact your liaison librarian for details.
- Open Educational Resources (OER): Locate free and low-cost alternatives to traditional, expensive course materials.
- Purchase Requests: Suggest an item for addition to the library collection. You can also browse book reviews from the Choice Reviews database. To suggest titles for purchase, you can 1) use the purchase request form, 2) email titles to your library liaison, or 3) create an account with the Choice database to save items to a list and then add your library liaison as a user of that list when you’re finished.
- Library Proxies: Designate a proxy to conduct library business on your behalf. Any current UMW student or employee can serve as a proxy.