UMW Libraries provide a wide variety of services to faculty. Faculty members are encouraged to contact the Subject Librarian/Faculty Liaison assigned to their department or campus with questions related to the Libraries’ collections, services and policies or for research assistance.
- Course Reserves: Faculty may place course materials on reserve at Simpson or the Stafford Campus Library through the course reserve request form.
- Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery: Request materials from UMW Libraries or from other libraries.
- Library Instruction: Reference librarians are available to provide course-specific research instruction to your classes. Contact your liaison librarian for details.
- Purchase Requests: Suggest an item for addition to the library collection. You can also browse book reviews from the Choice Reviews database. To suggest titles for purchase, you can 1) use the purchase request form, 2) email titles to your library liaison, or 3) create an account with the Choice database to save items to a list and then add your library liaison as a user of that list when you’re finished.
- Proxy Cards: Designate a proxy to conduct library business on your behalf. Any current UMW student or employee can serve as a proxy.
- Scholarly Communication: Consult our online guide for information on scholarly publication, open access publishers, and more.
- UMW Assignment Bank: Browse assignments created by other faculty members, and adapt those assignments for your own classes. Or, upload your own assignments to share them with your colleagues.